Friday, May 6, 2011

So, it begins...

Ok, so it really began about a month ago. Even though we were all quite sick... Bad colds that hit us twice in a row - leaving us sickly for about 2 weeks... We bought 3 Buff Orpington chicks.


 All cute and fuzzy and yellow... Awwwww. At the time the feed store folks thought they were about 5-6 days old. Buuut, I think they most have been a bit older. Also, I had set out to have 2-3 different breeds. But, the Orps were the only ones sexed (no roosters, PLEASE!) There were Barred Rocks.. and I almost grabbed 2 more assuming the 50/50 chance of being a roo, etc etc... But, I played it safe. I was already fearing the "I told you so"s from Ian... so... you know... I've been to a few feed stores with chicks since the ladies came home.. I've been awfully close to stuffing a few in my pockets. Really, the biggest deterrent is the poo pockets thing.. Oh, Johnny Law, too. But, mostly just poo in my pockets.

So, they came home in the car with London and I. So funny in their little box. And, they moved into a Rubbermaid storage tote with a lamp in the laundry room. This worked well...but not for long. (More on the current lodging in a new post)

In an effort to capture this in sequence, although quite behind schedule, I'm withholding the latest news on you. I'll try to post a few bits a day to get caught up. I KNOW, you're just dying out there 0 followers. Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment